Okta is cloud software that helps companies manage and secure user authentication into applications.
It is also known as an SSO provider that helps you securely adopt and deploy authentication method that builds identity controls for your company. Below is a step-by-step instruction on how to set up Okta SSO service with GanttPRO.
First step: creating a SAML application
1. Click on the Admin button at the top right corner of the end user dashboard.
2. Find the Applications tab on the left sidebar, and select Create App Integration.
3. In the next window choose SAML 2.0.
4. In General Settings type App name - GanttPRO, and upload the GanttPRO logo if needed.
5. Find the Single sign on URL field and paste the following link: https://ganttpro.com/enter/external/sso/saml/complete. In the Audience URI (SP Entity ID) field type - ganttpro. Leave other fields unchanged, scroll down and click on Next.
6. In the Feedback window opt for "I'm an Okta customer adding an internal app" and proceed to Finish unless you would like to answer optional questions.
Second step: exchanging configuration details
In the Sign On settings tab find View Setup Instructions button to copy the details listed below.
- Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL
- Identity Provider Issuer
- X.509 Certificate
After that, open Profile settings in GanttPRO app and select Security. Introduce those details in the Single sign-on (SSO, SAML) window to set up SSO for your GanttPRO account. Once you set up SSO for your account, you will be able to log in both ways: through the GanttPRO main page and Okta.
Third step: adding users to the GanttPRO application
1. Open the Applications tab on the left sidebar and click on the settings icon near the GanttPRO app.
2. Choose Assign to Users or Assign to Groups. Select particular people who can access the application, or select a certain group of people.
Please note that in Okta users should be added to the GanttPRO application with the same email address that they used to register in GanttPRO. Please email our Support team at email@example.com if you need to update your email address on file.
To log into GanttPRO with Okta, open Okta apps at the top right corner of the page and click on the GanttPRO icon.