Okta is cloud software that helps companies manage and secure user authentication into applications.
It is also known as an SSO provider that helps you securely adopt and deploy authentication method that builds identity controls for your company. Below is a step-by-step instruction on how to set up Okta SSO service with GanttPRO Gantt chart generator online software.
First step: creating a SAML application
1. Log in to Okta, and click on the Admin button at the top right corner.
2. Find Applications tab 1 on the left sidebar, and select Create App Integration 2.
3. In the next window choose SAML 2.0 1, and click on Next 2.
4. In General Settings type App name - GanttPRO 1. If necessary, upload the GanttPRO logo 2.
Once you are done, click on Next 3.
5. In the next step, find the Single sign on URL field 1 and paste the following link: https://ganttpro.com/enter/external/sso/saml/complete. In the Audience URI (SP Entity ID) field 2 type - ganttpro.
Leave other fields unchanged, scroll down and click on Next.
6. In the Feedback window, opt for "I'm an Okta customer adding an internal app" 1 and proceed to Finish 2 unless you would like to answer optional questions.
Second step: exchanging configuration details
In the Sign On settings tab 1, click on View Setup Instructions button 2. In the emerging window, copy the details listed below:
- Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL
- Identity Provider Issuer
- X.509 Certificate
After that, open the Account settings in GanttPRO app and select Security. Introduce those details in the Single sign-on (SSO, SAML) window to set up SSO for your GanttPRO account. Once you set up SSO for your account, you will be able to log in both ways: through the GanttPRO main page and Okta.
Third step: adding users to the GanttPRO application
From the side of the Okta admin
1. To add a new user to GanttPRO through the SSO, Okta account admin has to login to Okta, open the Directory section 1 on the sidebar, click on People 2 and then on Add person 3.
2. In the emerging window, Okta account admin has to introduce the details of the added user:
1 First name
2 Last name
4 Primary email
After that, click on Save 5.
3. The added user will get an email. There, s/he will have to follow the link to complete account activation and get an account in Okta.
4. It is also necessary that the Okta account admin assigns a GanttPRO account to an added user. This can be done by clicking on Applications 1 in Okta. Then, clicking on the configurations icon for GanttPRO 2 and choosing Assign to users 3 for GanttPRO.
Have in mind that if the Okta admin doesn’t assign a GanttPRO account in Okta to an invited user, s/he will not see GanttPRO in the Application section of his or her own Okta account.
From the side of the added user
After the Okta admin completes all the above-mentioned steps, an added user can open the Application section 1 in Okta, click on Work 2 and then on GanttPRO 3.
Alternatively, a user can login to GanttPRO through SSO with a company’s domain. For that, it will be necessary to:
- Open ganttpro.com
- Click on Login in the upper right corner
- Click on Single sign-on (SSO, SAML)
- Introduce the company's domain, and click on Login.
Note that if the user has not yet registered in GanttPRO, s/he will see a registration page upon signing in the app for the first time through the SSO. Thus, this user will be required to introduce First and Last names.
Once a user creates an account, s/he will be able to join the team with a Member account role.An Account Owner will see a new user in the Team and resources section in the Account settings.
Check this article, if you have troubles adding users through the SSO.