Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) is a cloud-based platform for collaboration, managing users, and services. In the Google Workspace, you can add a custom SAML app that will allow using a single sign-on authorization method. Below is a step-by-step instruction on how to create a SAML app, connect the GanttPRO application, and add users.
First step: creating a SAML application
1. Open Google Admin dashboard and find the Apps category.
2. Select Web and Mobile Apps.
3. Click on Add App, and select Add custom SAML app.
4. Enter App name - GanttPRO. Upload the GanttPRO icon if needed, and click on Continue.
5. In the next window copy the SSO URL, Entity ID, and Certificate.
After that, open the GanttPRO app in another tab in your browser, go to Profile settings and select Security. Introduce those details in the Single sign-on (SSO, SAML) window to set up SSO for your GanttPRO account.
6. Going back to Google Admin dashboard, after copying the details below, click on Continue to proceed. In the next window, add an ACS URL: https://ganttpro.com/enter/external/sso/saml/complete and Entity ID: ganttpro. Leave other fields unchanged and click again on Continue.
7. In the Attributes window click on Finish.
Second step: adding users to the GanttPRO application
- Find the Directory tab on the left side-bar and click on Users.
- Select users who need to access the GanttPRO application and click on the More button, and then on Add selected users to groups. Choose the group from the dropdown menu.
- If you do not have a suitable group on your list, you can create a new one. Click on the Directory tab, select Groups and create a new group first.
- Go back to your Apps, select Web and Mobile Apps and click on the GanttPRO app.
- Then, click on the User access field.
- Choose a necessary group in the Groups option on the left, tick on service status, and save the changes.
To login to GanttPRO via Google Workspace SSO, click on the GanttPRO icon in the Google Apps menu.
Note that In Google Workspace users should be added to the GanttPRO application with the same email address that they used to register in GanttPRO. Please email our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need to update your email address on file.