Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) is a cloud-based platform for collaboration, managing users, and services. In the Google Workspace, you can add a custom SAML app that will allow using a single sign-on authorization method. Below is a step-by-step instruction on how to create a SAML app, connect the GanttPRO Gantt planning tool application, and add users.
First step: creating a SAML application
1. Open Google Admin dashboard and find the Apps category.2. Select Web and Mobile Apps. 3. Click on Add App, and select Add custom SAML app. 4. Enter App name - GanttPRO. Upload the GanttPRO icon if needed, and click on Continue.5. In the next window copy the SSO URL, Entity ID, and Certificate. After that, open the GanttPRO app in another tab in your browser, go to the Account settings and select Security. Introduce those details in the Single sign-on (SSO, SAML) window to set up SSO for your GanttPRO account.
6. Going back to Google Admin dashboard, after copying the details below, click on Continue to proceed. In the next window, add an ACS URL: https://ganttpro.com/enter/external/sso/saml/complete and Entity ID: ganttpro. Leave other fields unchanged and click again on Continue. 7. In the Attributes window click on Finish.
Second step: adding users to the GanttPRO application
1. Find the Directory tab on the left side-bar. Click on Users 1 and then on Add new user 2.
2. In the next window, fill in the required User information.
3. Select users who need to access the GanttPRO application 1 and click on More options 2, and then on Add to groups 3.
4. Choose the group from the dropdown menu 1 and click on Add 2.
5. If you do not have a suitable group on your list, you can create a new one. Click on Groups 1 in the Directory tab, and then on Create groups 2.
6. Fill in the required details 1 and click on Next 2.
7. Configure access settings and click on Create group.
8. Then, go back to your Apps, select Web and Mobile Apps 1. Click on the GanttPRO app 2.
9. Then, click on the User access field.
10. Choose a necessary group in the Groups option on the left 1, tick on Service status 2, and click on Save 3.
From the side of the added user
1. If an added user has signed in with the same email as s/he is added in Google for Single sign-on, GanttPRO icon will appear in the Google Apps menu. To log in to GanttPRO, this user has to click on the icon.
Note that In Google Workspace users should be added to the GanttPRO application with the same email address that they used to register in GanttPRO. Please email our Support team at email@example.com, if you need to update your email address on file.
2. Alternatively, a user can login to GanttPRO through SSO with a company’s domain. For that, it will be necessary to:
- Open ganttpro.com
- Click on Login in the upper right corner
- Click on Single sign-on (SSO, SAML)
- Introduce the company's domain, and click on Login.
Note that if the user has not yet registered in GanttPRO, s/he will see a registration page upon signing in the app for the first time through the SSO. Thus, this user will be required to introduce First and Last names.
Once a user creates an account, s/he will be able to join the team with a Member account role.An Account Owner will see a new user in the Team and resources section in the Account settings.
Check this article, if you have troubles adding users through the SSO.