If the project has been completed or stopped for some reason, you can easily remove it from the list of All projects. For that, you have two options:
Archiving a project
- An Account Owner can archive all projects.
- An Account Admin can only do it in those projects s/he is part of.
- An Enterprise user with a Custom role and permission to create projects.
- Other user roles don’t allow archiving any projects.
This option is useful if you want to store your project data or you want to come back to it later, but do not want to clutter up the list with ongoing projects.
To archive a project, click on the three dots button in the upper right corner of the page and choose Archive project.
You can also do it by clicking on the three dots near the project’s title in the All projects section from the left sidebar.
Your project will immediately become archived, therefore, disabled for all actions, except viewing. However, it will be stored in your project dashboard and you can restore it any time.
Deleting a project
- An Account Owner can delete all projects.
- An Account Admin can only do it for those projects s/he is part of.
- An Enterprise user with a Custom role may have either Account Owner’s or Account Admin’s permissions to delete a project.
- Other user roles don’t allow deleting any projects.
Similar to the archiving process, there are two ways to delete a project.
The first one is by clicking on the three dots button in the upper right corner and choosing Delete project.
The other way is to click on the three dots near the project’s title in the All projects section from the left sidebar.
Note: Deleted projects cannot be restored.
If you delete your project, all the data such as project duration, assignees, tasks, subtasks, and task dependencies will be deleted permanently too.
If you would like to keep some of the patterns, information, etc, you can use the Save as template option. That way you’ll be able to use it as one of your templates with the saved data in the future.
Another option is to archive a project.