User roles are linked with global rights in the account. An Account owner can manage them in the Account roles section inside the Account settings.
There are three default roles available for any GanttPRO plan. They cannot be edited or deleted. Enterprise users can also create, edit, and delete Custom roles. It can be done by an Account owner, or anyone with a Custom role when granted this permission.
By default, there are 3 types of roles with a different scope of possibilities within the GanttPRO account:
- Account Owner
- Account Admin
- Account Member
Every account in GanttPRO has one Account Owner. This is a person who has created it and has invited other people to join. This role can also be transferred, if necessary, contacting our support team at email@example.com
An Account Owner has the broadest scope of possibilities in the account and in all the projects. S/he has access to all the GanttPRO features available on the corresponding account pricing plan.
In particular, an Account owner can:
- Manage account subscriptions (billing).
- View and edit all the projects in the account
- Configure Team settings
- Create, edit, and delete project statuses
- Configure Single Sign-on (SSO, SAML) for the account
- Set up integrations for the account
- Set up API and Webhooks
- Manage the team and all the resources in the account
- Edit and delete user roles
- Create, edit and delete rights in projects
- Create projects
- Create project portfolios
- Generate reports
- Export data and generate public links to projects
- Create, edit, and delete Custom fields in the account
Bear in mind, that only an Account owner can manage issues related to billing.
This role includes almost the same possibilities as an Account Owner, with the following exceptions. Account Admins:
- Cannot manage account subscriptions (billing)
- Cannot view and edit all the projects in the account (only those s/he is a part of)
- Cannot create, edit, or delete user roles in the account
Account Admins may be granted different project rights, and this way have limited access or a more expanded scope of possibilities within the project.
An Account Member is someone who has been invited to GanttPRO by an Account Owner or an Account Admin and granted this role. They can be further granted different project rights, and have limited access within the project or a more expanded scope of possibilities.
You can check it out here.
All the permissions for default roles
Below, you can find a table with all the Account roles and their corresponding permissions.
If you are an Enterprise plan user, you can create a Custom role and set up its permissions to meet your specific needs. This allows you to customize what each person can see and do within the account.
Check here how to create a Custom role.