This article will help you to understand the basic layout of GanttPRO if you have just started using our software. It can be divided into three areas:
A project page is divided into 3 parts: Project grid 1, Gantt chart 2, and Workload 3.
- A project grid on the left side is the place where you can manage your task list.
- A Gantt chart, a bar chart on the right side, displays the project schedule on a timeline. This is where you create a Gantt chart online.
- A workload window at the bottom shows how estimated working hours are distributed between project members.
Top menu bar
Top left corner: Gantt chart 1, Board 2, List 3, Workload 4, People 5
- A Gantt Chart tab is set as the default project view with the task list on the left and the chart on the right part of the screen.
- A Board tab displays tasks as cards distributed among several boards that represent certain stages of project development, status, priority, etc.
- A List tab includes all the tasks from the project and is useful when you do not need to view a Gantt chart.
- A Workload tab contains an advanced workload table for the current project.
- A People tab allows you to manage project resources, their rights, and costs.
Top left corner: Bulk change 1, Overdue tasks 2, Critical path 3, Baseline 4, Expand/Collapse 5, Cascade sorting 6
- Click on a Bulk change icon to tick on multiple tasks and choose Assignee, Status, Priority, or Colour parameters in bulk. You can also delete multiple tasks at once.
- Click on Overdue tasks icon to highlight overdue tasks on the project grid and on the Gantt chart. It marks tasks with the end dates in the past, with less than 100% progress, and with Open or In Progress status.
- Enable Critical path to highlight the chain of critical tasks that affect your project completion date.
- A Baseline will let you save a particular state of a project and use it as a reference point to measure actual performance against the set expectations and requirements.
- Select Expand/Collapse options to either collapse or expand all the tasks and subtasks in the list of tasks and on the Gantt chart at once.
- Click on Cascade sorting to arrange your tasks starting from the earliest one.
Top right corner: Project rights info 1, History of changes 2, Project settings 3, Other settings 4
- Hover over the Project rights label, to find out what you are allowed to do in this particular project.
- Click on the History of changes icon to see all the changes that have been made in your project in GanttPRO.
- Open Project settings to set the working schedule and duration step, configure Auto-scheduling and Resource calendar. Also, you can choose how to show the workload as well as types of workload and progress calculations.
- By clicking on the three dots icon, you can access Other settings. These include: sharing a Public URL and Saving project as a template. A project creator will additionally have an option to archive or delete a project.
Top right corner: Filter 1, Zoom 2, Export 3, View settings 4
- Use Filter to check particular information based on the set criteria (e.g. task name, type, assignee, status, priority, reporter, start and end dates, color, etc.).
- With the Zoom slider, you can set the timeline of the Gantt chart based on the length of a project to hours, days, weeks, months, quarters, and years.
- Click on the Export icon to download a project in a .pdf, .png, .xlsx, or .xml formats. Before downloading, you can preview and customize your project by filtering various criteria on the right-side menu.
- View settings offer several options to customize the way a Gantt chart looks like. It is possible to configure task name and closed tasks display, assignee avatar, today marker, days off, advanced buttons, skins, and view mode.
Top left side: All projects 1, My tasks 2, My time log 3, Reports 4, Workload 5
- The All projects tab contains all available projects and portfolios.
- The My tasks tab by default shows the list of incomplete tasks with "Open" or "In Progress" status or all the tasks from all the projects that are assigned to a certain resource and their total number when no filter is applied.
- The My time log tab shows the record of the time logged by different users. Timelog table is also customizable: there are different groupings and a filter.
- The Reports tab provides a possibility to create two types of reports: Time log by people and Budget analysis.
- The Workload tab shows the overall workload across all available projects.
Note that according to project rights and account roles, some users may or may not have access to the Workload and Reports tabs.
Bottom left side: Notifications 1, Search 2, Account settings 3
- The Notifications icon opens the activity feed and shows the number of unread notifications.
- Click on the Search icon to browse task names, descriptions, comments, files.
- Open the Account settings to configure your personal information, manage custom fields, notification preferences, workspace & team settings, billing, rights and roles. Here, you can also configure different integrations and activate extra security measures for your account.
Left bottom corner: Comments 1, Attachments 2, Task time tracker 3
- The Comments tab provides quick access to all comments from all the projects.
- The Attachments tab provides quick access to all attachments from all the projects.
- By clicking on a Task time tracker, you can log the time, start the timer, and check the history of all time log records.
Right bottom corner: Apps 1, Learning center 2, Support 3
- Click on Apps (Google Play or App Store) to find out more about GanttPRO mobile application.
- In the Learning center tab, you can check our Setup Guide, "What's new" section, the YouTube channel, and the Knowledge base.
- The Support icon opens a chat or ticket with our Support Agent. If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, feel free to contact our Support team. Working hours are from 9 am to 6 pm (GMT+2), Monday to Friday.